Thursday, June 9, 2011

Starting my HIMYM watchthrough today.

I've already watched Season 1 about 2 months ago, but figure screw it. So i'm going to start watching again from episode 1 and see if its still enjoyable, even if i know it obviously will be. So here we go.

Episode 1x01.

Episode is still great, is a bit too overproduced though, there's music in the cutaways and segment changes. Glad they stopped that. Other than that, the writing is top notch as per usual, the acting is pretty well done, and most of the jokes are still funny or cute. Ted is the star here and it shows. He delivers one of the more memorable lines of the series in this episode. The episode also ends on a great twist that im sure caught most everyone off guard their first viewing. Overall a great start to an amazing show.

18 comments:

  1. I think it slowly gets better and better, and starts getting boring in the last 2 seasons.

    Too repetitive, but Barney is always legendary.

    Great blog, love HIMYM. Followed.

    Take a look at mine if you get the chance:
    http://serenityindex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. imo this is not worth it, ull never know how he meet hes mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite show, I can't wait to see your watchthrough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to not wait for your bro - wtf

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you going to do every episode?
    i love how i met your mother

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should also log where the pineapple is in every episode!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well what was the memorable line? hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great show, But yeah that one episode is a little too overproduced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always heard good things about this show but never watched it. Might have to start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha i love this show! ive watched the first and second season and its a great laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best show ever!
    Barney is the man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to only ever watch it on the occasion I happened across it, but I done similar to what you're about to do a few months ago and watched all of series 3-6... wish I watched it from series 1 though now, great program

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to like this show, but the Ted character irritates me. The goofy cast photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never seen this show. Sounds good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to like this show, but Ted ruins it for me. He's such a pretentious follower, & I hate watching women walk all over him. If there was just one episode where he wasn't a doormat quoting Robert Frost poetry, I would really get into this show. Requesting a spin-off where everyone moves away from Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bought a DVD season pack for my friend who is addicted to this show but never watched myself:D I thing I'm gonna ask him to lend it once hes done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. dude, this whole time, I didn't know what HIMYM stood for until i saw the pic above.

    pretty clever.

    ReplyDelete