Friday, June 3, 2011

NBA needs to start dishing out Technicals to floppers.





Wade was just bad all night, as was Bron. Since when was flopping part of the NBA culture? I know Euros have been doing it for decades, but when did the superstars of the league start selling out to this idea?

Just do like they do with an iffy 3 pointer. Have a crew review it during the game, if it turns out that someone did flop, call a tech on them, and move on. It seems like the only thing that you can do to stop it. You can't fine for this, but i think it more than deserves a technical. 2 Tech's and you're gone.

I honestlly cant think of a better way to solve this. My problem is that it's not only cheap, but because in real time you can't tell, it's pretty effective. If you start penalizing, with legit penalties, it might cease this horrible practice.

                                                                   Update

Some of you guys have said it might slow the game down, i disagree. When they review a 3 pointer that might have been a two, they do it during a break or intermission. They can easily do this too during those. Or just have a booth person, similar to the NFL who monitors plays and sends the refs feedback. I just think dishing out techs during that game would set people straight. Nobody ever wants to hurt their team in the middle of a game and this seems to be the only surefire way to prevent flopping in the future. 

15 comments:

  1. I completely agree. The NBA is looking like soccer with all these fake injuries and hits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% on flops need to be a tech even if it is the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is getting ridiculous. I don't know if you can review it during the game, might slow action too much. The whole league is a lot softer now, would like to say it go back to the early 90's style of play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's turning into Football. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This problem goes much deeper than you think...

    Fouls, traveling, and almost any type of turnover in the NBA are very loosely enforced. This is why NCAA basketball ratings have tripled while NBA rating have been in a slow decline over the past 3-4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, didn't catch that. I hope this doesn't become as prevalent as in soccer. It's disgraceful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wade just completely faked it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy shit, I just said the same thing to my group of friends literally yesterday. This, a billion times. That wink to Wade or whoever it was to by James after his flop of the century made me sick to my stomach. My friend came back with "It's just a part of the game, you do whatever you need to do to win." If that's really the case I don't want to watch this crap anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not just technicals. Give them huge fines. I'm more offended by that Bosh flop than any anti-gay slurs Kobe has ever said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree, as a Football watcher too, it ruins the game, you don't want it to get like it is in football, especially the Italian leagues...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bosh is the worst. Can't believe you said he was top 3 PF in the game, ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete